The most effective way for individuals and private sector partners to support the recovery of those impacted by the February 2021 Winter Weather Event is to make a financial donation to a trusted, reputable, voluntary or charitable organization.
Please DO NOT donate unsolicited goods such as used clothing, miscellaneous household items, medicine, or perishable foodstuffs at this time.
Financial Donations Allow Texas VOAD Member Agencies To:
- Purchase food, water, medicine, and equipment from secure and familiar supply chains.
- Flexibility to address urgently developing needs, as well as needs that arise over the coming months
- Obtain needed materials locally, which can help local Texas economies recover.
- Unsolicited material donations force supporting agencies to redirect staff and volunteers away from providing direct services to survivors in order to sort, package, transport, warehouse, and distribute items that may not meet the needs of disaster survivors.
- Conserve resources. Financial donations are always needed and can be made for little additional cost, whereas the cost to ship material supplies can be expensive.